Rodent Proofing & Exclusion – What Does It Entail?
Rodent Proofing is the prevention of rats and mice invading your home. There are a multitude of ways rodents can sneak into your home and nest. You will quickly hear rodents scampering in your walls and attic. You may also start smelling their urine and feces.
Rodents can cause illness in people and pets through contact with urine and feces. Young children, pregnant women, and the elderly are especially prone to rodent diseases.
Rodents will not enter your home from anywhere – they will invade through the weak points. Such weak points rats and mice enter into your home include:
- Garage doors
- Exterior doors with thresholds wider than 1/4″
- Crawl space vent covers
- Attic vent covers
- Dryer vents
- Exterior lines, e.g. around your AC unit
- Tree branches touching your home
- Power lines and cable lines
- Tile or shake roofs not properly sheeted with plywood
Does Your Home Look Appealing To Rodents?
Rats can often be seen all around the Sacramento area crawling over power lines, looking for a home to nest in as well as food sources. These rodents are looking for fruit trees and easy entrances into warm homes. Tree branches and power lines provide quick escape routes from being noticed. If you already have rodents invading your property, Trapper Rob is ready to remove the rodents.
Trapper Rob Will Proof Your Entire Home
Trapper Rob has the years of expertise and experience to quickly identify all the weak parts of your home.
Your home is surveyed by looking for potential entryway points, rub marks, droppings, tracks, gnawing, and smelling.
He can make sure there is no way any rodent would be interested in nesting inside of your home. Don’t let rats and mice destroy your home from the inside out. Rodent proofing is an investment important in keeping the integrity of your home.
Commercial Rodent Exclusion
Trapper Rob is experienced in making sure commercial properties are properly proofed and rodents trapped and removed. Commercial buildings are built with a variety of materials at various stages of exclusion due to age. Entry points include heating and air conditioning, plumbing, electrical service points, and fire sprinklers. In older buildings, cracks in concrete and brick allow for rodent entry. Elevator shafts and laundry chutes should be inspected and proofed as well.
Stats About Rats and Mice
- Crawl through any opening higher or wider than 1/2 inch
- Climb the outside of vertical pipes and conduits up to 3 inches in diameter, climb the outside of larger pipes attached to buildings by bracing themselves between the wall and the pipe, climb the inside of vertical pipes, wall voids, or earthquake safety seams and joints between 1 1/2 and 4 inches in diameter
- Jump from a flat surface up to 36 inches vertically and as far as 48 inches horizontally
- Drop 50 feet without being seriously injured
- Burrow straight down into the ground for at least 36 inches
- Reach as high or wide as 13 inches
- Swim as far as 1/2 mile in open water, dive through water traps in plumbing, and travel in sewer lines against a substantial water current. In areas where high rat populations exist, it is common for both roof rats and Norway rats to enter buildings through toilets and uncovered drains.
- Crawl through openings larger than 1/4 inch
- Jump as high as 18 inches from a floor onto an elevated surface
- Travel considerable distances crawling upside-down along screen wire
- Survive and reproduce at a temperature of 24 degrees if adequate food and nesting material are available.
Are You Ready To Get Your Home Rodent Proofed?
If you currently have an infestation of rodents, Trapper Rob will trap and humanely remove all rodents from your property as part of the rodent proofing and exclusion process. All work comes with a 12 month guarantee.
Office – (916) 987-9559 Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
Cell – (916) 224-7430 Mon-Fri 5pm-9am & Weekends
E-mail: Trapper Rob